Join the 2 weekend Intensives with Tomás
The Halifax Tango Community is excited to welcome Tomás Howlin on a monthly basis in the Spring!
May 4 to 6
June 1 to 3
The Art of Turning
An Intensive Study Program for students who are interested in taking the next steps on their tango journey.
During this two-month intensive series, Tomás will take you step-by-step from the foundational skills of turning (walking ochos), to the sophisticated structure of the half turn (grapevine.)
+ Class Content Details
In the first month (May), we will build your base by working on rethinking ochos. In the second month (June), we will focus on the three step turns.
Month One: Rethinking Ochos
- Fundamentals: Slalom or zigzag? Walking ochos
- Intermediate: Spinning and walking in harmony, pivoting ochos
- Experienced: Double spins, synchronized partner pivoting
Month Two: Building Grapevines
- Fundamentals: The basic parallel turn
- Intermediate: Crossed turns
- Experienced: Mixed turns