Become a Tango Teacher
Learn to teach tango with Tomás one step at a time
The best way to learn is by teaching next to a master teacher
Join the Teacher Assistant Team
The TAP (Teacher Assistant Project) for Argentine Tango is a Tango Learning effort that has the purpose of providing teacher training opportunities for advanced dancers and teachers within the context of real-life environments and learning situations.
You can be Tomás's Teacher Assistant during the complete duration of a workshop series.
This is how it works
Teacher Assistants will:
✓ Assist and collaborate with Tomás during class
✓ Prepare classes with Tomás beforehand
✓ Receive feedback about their performance
What you will get
Through participating in this project, selected Teacher Assistants will be able to receive direct training in the rudiments of teaching Argentine Tango, including:
- Class planning
- Methodology for teaching Argentine Tango
- Content pacing and organization
- Student engagement strategies
- Technical rudiments of tango mechanics
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS FOR THE TEACHER ASSISTANTS
- Take advantage of this unique chance to receive personal coaching
- Receive personalized tasks
- Test your teaching abilities
- Attend the workshops and receive extra materials
- Enjoy the chance to witness the backstage of class design and creation
- Monitor and observe workshops from the side lines
Tuition and Application
The Teacher Assitant tuition is $400
The selected Teacher Assistants will receive:
- 5 hours of workshops assisting and teaching with Tomás
- 10 hours of personal teacher assistant training with Tomás
- Training preparation materials (written and video)
- A Full Weekend Pass
Note: Teacher Assistants are responsible for arranging their own travel and lodging.
Application for the Minneapolis Training is CLOSED.
Complete the form to receive updates about upcoming trainings
The Teacher Assistant Project is designed in connection with the Tango Learning Program Syllabus. However, application is open to everyone. Students who have attended the Tango Learning Program may get priority in the selection process. Only two to six participants will be selected for each sponsor event.